Noted benefits of Astaxanthin after only 4 weeks

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 11 2010 | Verified Purchase

Since beginning supplementation with Now Foods Astaxanthin 4mg I have noticed less joint & muscle soreness after exercise and quicker post exercise recovery. I've also noted improved skin quality i.e. improvement in elasticity and smoothness. I am extremely pleased since these are noted benefits after only 4 weeks of daily use!

Cautiosly optimistic

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 26 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have not tried Astaxantin for long enough to see if it works well, but it did reduce fatigue after a day of hard work. However, it had a diuretic effect on me. I have adrenal fatigue with low aldosterine, so I would advise caution for people who have problems with adrenals or hormones. But it did reduce my blood pressure (which was hormonally caused in the first place). I believe astaxantin has a potential as a supplement, only careful if you are a menopausal woman with fluctuating hormones.

Now Foods, Astaxanthin, 4 mg,

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 16 2008 | Verified Purchase

Very effective for rotator cuff tear.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on April 15 2013 | Verified Purchase

Astaxanthin is one of the best supplements to take. Known as the king of carotenoids, it is a powerful antioxidant that can be readily enter the blood brain barrier to protect the brain and prevent neurodegenerative diseases, greatly increase athletic performance and stamina and shorten recovery time, increase eye vision and protect the eye from UV light, protect skin from sunburn (unusual benefits), anti inflammatory, halt cancer growth, improve immune system, never becomes pro-oxidant (even vitamin C can become oxidant), prevent cardiovascular diseases, alleviates carpal tunnel syndrome, joints pain, protects against UV light and others! Personally, the most felt effect is the improvement in athletic performance. I felt that I can tolerate the pain when running at fast constant speed for much longer distance. After exercising, the body is less likely to ache as well. Another important benefit is the prevention of sunburn. I have fair skin and tend to get sunburn easily. After taking Astaxanthin, I can last long hours under the sun without getting burn. Most people will need to take 2-3 softgels (8-12 mg daily) for maximum benefits. Astanxanthin used to be a lot cheaper before appearing on TV (Dr Oz). Prices have increased quite a lot but this isn’t too expensive. The softgel is made of gelatin (not for vegetarians), small and easy to swallow. Note that Astaxanthin inhibits nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is needed in body but can be harmful if produced in excess. It works as a vasodilator and it is important in men’s penile erections as well. I have tried dosing at 20mg daily and it does affect penile erection. I do not eliminate that the fact that this can be placebo which seems highly unlikely. Generally, it’s best to just stick to lower dosages. Check out my page for more reviews!

Astaxanthin Capsules

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 5 2011 | Verified Purchase

I believe this product to be contributary to the healing now taking place in my eye oclusions that have produced my condition of Macular oedema. I am going to continue taking these capsules believing that they may actually help improve my sight.

Posted by rautavaara on July 5 2013 | Verified Purchase

This was good, but Healthy Origins has couple of better version of this, with less money.

Still good price

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 17 2011 | Verified Purchase

I liked it better at 8 dollars though. The astaxanthin folk are price fixing, we should be able to get 15-40mg pills for the present price. Still good enough at the moment.

Helps with inflamation

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 2 2008 | Verified Purchase

Helps with inflamation that comes with chronic conditions.

nerve support.

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 25 2008 | Verified Purchase

I like this product because I have periferal neurapathy. It seems to help a little. better than using 3 or 4 other products.

helps preserving eyesight

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 13 2017 | Verified Purchase

Good for preserving good eyesight, blocking macular degradation.