Posted by iHerb Customer on June 5 2008 | Verified Purchase

Nothing better. One of the best antioxidants in the world for your body. I take 6 per day, minimum, because I'm fighting cancer. If you do your research you'll see what a remarkable supplement this is. Couple of immediate results...you do NOT need sunscreen with this. It protects you naturally. My 1st day out this spring I laid out for 5 hours and did not burn. I have no sun/age spots anymore. The dark shading on my face in years past from the sun anre not there now. I have lots of energy. Visit naturalnews.com and register to that site. Read what he says about astaxanthin. Mike Adams is the chief herbalist and the things I've learned from him is saving my life from cancer without drugs or chemicals. P.S. You do NOT want to use sunscreen lotions ever again! The chemicals in it cause cancer and they also block the ultra necessary Vitamin D that you NEED to live and fight cancer. Its a double whammy! Besides the WellBetX and the Astaxanthin, I take green tea extract, I drink green tea, I take 6000 mg. per day of Vitamin C, 1000 mg. of calcium, 1000 iu's of Vitamin D, and I never, never use artificial sweetners. Aspartame/nutri-sweet/Equal turns ro formaldihyde in your body!! Order and use Stevia! Its amazing, natural, sweet and comes in flavors.

Great Anti-Inflammatory!

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 4 2008 | Verified Purchase

Like a couple of other reviewers here, I was suffering for over a year from a stiff, sore shoulder (probably tendinitis and impingement). High doses of fish oil helped a little; but after a month of taking Astaxanthin (8 mg a day), the pain in my shoulder is almost completely gone and my joint mobility is almost completely restored to normal. Astaxanthin has proven far more effective than the prescription anti-inflammatories I was taking (like declofenac, which is toxic to your liver and kidneys, btw). This is the most effective supplement I've ever tried.

It's a Miracle

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 21 2007 | Verified Purchase

My husband was such a skeptic about all of my herbs. After using this product for joint pain, he is now taking everything and anything that I order with no questions asked. His body felt better in a few days.He was so excited like it was a miracle!

Excellent supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 15 2010 | Verified Purchase

I'm so glad I discovered astaxanthin. It has eliminated the carpal tunnel symptoms in my hands as well as the stiffness in other joints. It has also considerably helped the depression I've had for years.

A natural healer

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 3 2008 | Verified Purchase

Astaxanthin is an anti-inflammatory fighter, along with all the other benefits. I had an inflamed rotator cuff that for a year prevented me from performing many tasks at the gym. I started taking Astaxanthin, and within a month I realized I was no longer having pain in my shoulder. It has been 2 years and still no pain. I will continue to take Astaxanthin. If I had to choose one supplement to take, it would be Astaxanthin.

Great quality and price

Posted by yourhealthsuccess on October 4 2008 | Verified Purchase

I used astaxanthin for tendinitis pain and general getting old pain of muscle and joint aches. My Naturopathic Physician gave it to me as an antioxidant. I had a lot of free radicals from eatin junk and meat. I didn't notice a difference really until I ran out and slowly all my pain came back and my tendinitis! I was pretty amazed. So now I'm back on it and I'm much more agile, less pain

Now Foods Astaxanthin 4 mg 60 softgels

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 2 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this for four weeks. I believe I can notice differences in my vision and I had pain in an elbow and that now seems to be gone. A great product. Will be ordering more in the next few days.

Helped shoulder pain

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 17 2008 | Verified Purchase

I had shoulder pain for a long time. After taking this for about 1 month, pain is gone. Magic!

Knocked out knee pain

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 3 2008 | Verified Purchase

I got this for my husband to see if it would help his knee pain. It knocked it out in three days! Now Foods contains the preferred form, Bioastin, grown in Hawaii. You can read a 140 page booklet full of studies on the bioastinman.

Great Supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 8 2009 | Verified Purchase

This, combined with other supplements like magnesium, has helped me lower my blood pressure by 30-40 points.