This strength of Vitamin D allows flexibility in daily intake

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 19 2008 | Verified Purchase

Getting the 400 IU strength of Vitamin D-3 allows me to take 800 IU a day (one in the morning and one at night) or even 1200 IU if I want (three a day). Current thinking is that we need more Vitamin D than was previously thought necessary. My doctor has recommended at least 800 IU a day. I have osteoporosis and am being treated for that so he wants to be sure I get enough calcium and vitamin D along with the Fosamax I take. Currently, I have a broken pelvis as a result of a fall and have been advised not to take Fosamax while I am healing from that (which has the 800 IU of vitamin D bundled with it), so I am taking the vitamin D on my as capsules.

Now Foods, Vitamin D-3, Structural Support, 400 IU, 180 Softgels

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 16 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've read that large doses of vitamin D can be dangerous as contribute to deposition of calcium in the blood vessels. This is a small dosage and for a good price. I am glad to purchase.

Posted by AnnaLL on April 15 2013 | Verified Purchase

I like that the softgels are small and easy to swallow. I would order stronger vitamins if it were allowed to import. It's easy to get a deficit during the dark winters here.

Helping my sleep!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 22 2017 | Verified Purchase

Due to various health issues, I tend to suffer from insomnia. Since starting this, my sleep has improved noticeably. I read that Vit. D helps with sleep and energy. It looks like this product is helping with both. Many thanks for this as the price is really competitive too.

Insufficient potency

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 22 2009 | Verified Purchase

One's body stores vitamin D, so that it is not necessary to take it multiple times per day or even per week. Since a desirable minimum daily dosage seems to be about 2000 units, if one is not deficient, this is too little to be useful

Great - I guess

Posted by ekstravirgin on October 11 2013 | Verified Purchase

How do you rate vitamins - I honestly don't notice any effect. Still, I found the capsules easy to swallow, there were no aftertaste, I guess they're great! Also - they are allowed to be imported into Norway, which is a point as we have restrictions on vitamin D.

Good results

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 25 2012 | Verified Purchase

It really is

Vit D3

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 29 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is excellent for those wintry days when you dont see the sun. Great for people who suffer from SADS and the low dose is good to take regularly

Great Product -- Great Price!

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 8 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is an excellent Vitamin D. Is so important to help prevent colon cancer, breast cancer, and osteoporosis.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 8 2009 | Verified Purchase

Very good supplement for immune health Thanks